Thursday, June 6, 2013

WIAW-#1 (What I Ate Wednesday)

I've finally decided to jump on the #WIAW (What I Ate Wednesday) bandwagon. WIAW is a weekly food diary (a bit voyeuristic in nature) run by my friend Jenn (great name!) over at the blog Peas and Crayons.

As Jenn puts it, 'it's a great way to reflect on my eating habits and spot out patterns, slip-ups, and successes!' No matter what type of Wednesday I'm having- be it a school day, a lazy day, or a DIY the house day- it'll be different and I'll learn something new about my eating habits every time!

So, the way it works is I'll take pictures of everything I eat each Wednesday- the good, the bad, and the ugly (yep, even the ugly) I'll even include some recipes for the eats that look the tastiest. I can't guarantee that I'll always eat the food that's the best for me- sometimes I just have to grab and go. Hopefully though, my WIAW post can be not just 'thin'spiration for myself, but for you as well!

That being said, LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Those of you who have read my posts know I often lament about constantly being low on food thanks to the 4 Hoover vacuums children I live with. This was the case again today, so meals were slim pickins'! Here's what I had:

BREAKFAST (11 Points+)
  • Thomas' Multigrain English Muffin (3 Points+)
    • 1.5 tsp butter (1 Points+)
    • 1 Tbsp honey (2 Points +)
  • Ham, Egg, and Cheese Souffle- 1 serving (3 Points+) {not the prettiest in the picture but DANG! was it tasty!}
  • Del Monte Chunky Peaches in Raspberry Juice (2 Points+) {I know it's better to eat fresh fruit than canned, but this is one of my favorites and I did at least drain the juice, so...}
LUNCH (11 Points+)

  • Chipotle Chicken Pretzel Bread Lean Pocket (7 Points+) {this sucker has been languishing in my freezer forever because I was afraid it was going to be too spicy- I'm SO GLAD I took a chance on it today- delicious!}
  • Muller's Peach Passionfruit Yogurt (4 Points+) {this stuff is absolutely A-MA-ZING!! I decided to take a chance on it one day after seeing it in the case at Sam's Club- boy am I glad I did! I am a yogurt convert and am hard pressed to eat any other kind now!}
  • Banana (0 Points+)
DINNER (23 Points+)

  • Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Pitas- 2 servings{these were so very tasty and really very filling! Quick to make and easy to eat. Yum-o!}
  • 'Zoe's Kitchen' Braised White Beans with Rosemary- 1/2 cup serving (5 Points+) {Oh. My. God. This is my absolute FAVE dish at Zoe's kitchen and to be able to make it at home is DA BOMB! There aren't even words in the written language that can describe how absolutely explosive these beans are. You HAVE to try them...NOW!)
  • Mixed greens salad (0 Points+)
    • Croutons (2 Points+)
    • Shredded cheese and bacon bits (2 Points+)
    • Lowfat Thousand Island dressing- 2 Tbsp (1 Points+)
SNACK (7 Points+)

  • White Chocolate Covered Pretzels- 10 pretzels (7 Points+) {probably not the best snack, but I was nosh-y hungry and wanted something crunchy- not necessarily healthy} Note the computer keyboard in the background- snacking AND blogging- I'm SUCH a multitasker! :)
  • Banana (0 Points+) {because I felt bad about eating the white chocolate covered pretzels, I grabbed the banana to ease my conscience. It was the least I could do...}
So there you have it. That's What I Ate this past Wednesday. Out of the 53 Points+ Weight Watchers allows me each day, I ate 52 of them. I felt like I had a pretty well rounded day, even if the cupboards were a bit bare. Guess I know where I'm headed today!

Until next time... may the fork be with you!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment